Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Reading Ahead: July 2012, part three


 Here we are at the end of the list of popular new titles being released in July.  You can find parts one and two in their respective links.  Do you have your favorites picked out yet?  You might want to make a little room for a few more--forget Jell-o, there's always room for another book.


Odd Apocalypse, by Dean Koontz

Judgment Call, by J.A. Jance

Night Watch, by Linda Fairstein

Leader of the Pack, by David Rosenfelt

Earth Unaware, by Orson Scott Card

The Sandcastle Girls, by Chris Bohjalian

Die A Stranger, by Steve Hamilton

Haven, by Kay Hooper


Quite a lot to choose from!  I'm always interested when Orson Scott Card publishes something new, ever since reading Ender's Game so many years ago.  He can usually be depended on to produce some great science fiction, even for those who are new to the genre.  

I was also an early fan of Chris Bohjalian's work, including The Buffalo Soldier and Midwives, but I haven't found his recent novels to be quite as engrossing.  Still, I'm always hopeful, so I'll definitely be looking forward to The Sandcastle Girls.  The premise, that of the plight of Armenians at the hands of the Ottoman Empire during WWI, is unusual enough to pique my interest.  I'll report back!


No comments: