Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Reading Ahead: September 2012, part 2

I cannot tell a lie.  I've been so caught up in watching the Olympics that I haven't been reading as much as I might be otherwise.  That said, my list of books I want to read is growing at an alarming rate.  Here are some you might want to add to your list, too.


Hiss and Hers, by M.C. Beaton

Severe Clear, by Stuart Woods


Telegraph Avenue, by Michael Chabon

Frozen Heat, by Richard Castle

Delusion in Death, by J.D. Robb



Can you guess what my picks are?  J.D. Robb's new entry in the Eve Dallas series, of course!  Those are such fast and fun reads; my guilty pleasure, I guess.  Michael Chabon is also of interest--he is typically quirky and a little offbeat, but I find myself lost in his work so easily, it's a joy to read.  Finally, are you familiar with Richard Castle?  His Heat series, starting with 2009's Heat Wave, has been gaining a strong, loyal following of readers, and there is great anticipation for this latest title.  A great choice if you're looking to get in on a newer author of police thrillers. 

See you Thursday with the last installment of up-and-coming September bestsellers!

No comments: