Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Meg's Picks: April 2015, part 2


More? Of course I have more recommendations for you! I can promise you now--I will always have books to share. And here are a couple more that I'm especially looking forward to next month...and why!





The Children’s Crusade, by Anne Packer

What it is: Four adult siblings take turns telling the story of their family: their parents, their home, their childhoods, their current family struggles. Does one's childhood determine one's future?

Why I want to read it: Packer wrote an amazing novel a few years back called The Dive From Clausen's Pier. I fell in love with her writing then--The New Yorker describes it as a "naturalist’s vigilance for detail, so that her characters seem observed rather than invented." I wholeheartedly agree, and can't wait to read this new book.


Where They Found Her, by Kimberly McCreight

What it is: A novel that seeks to untangle the truths behind tragedy, three women tell the story of a devastating discovery in an idyllic suburban town.

Why I want to read it: This is a follow-up to McCreight's bestselling 2013 novel, Reconstructing Amelia, and more than one critic has likened McCreight's subject matter and style to that of Gone Girl author Gillian Flynn.
 

No comments: