Thursday, August 20, 2015

Three on Thursday: One Last Round of Beach Reads

I know, I know. And I'm sorry. But the reality is that summer is winding down, the kids head back to school soon, and we have a rainy weekend ahead of us. However! There is time to get just a little more reading-for-fun packed in before school-year routines start up again. Here are my top picks from this summer.


If you need something that moves super-quickly, try:  Elin Hilderbrand. Seriously. The entire shelf of Hilderbrand books (including last year's Christmas book, Winter Street, by the way) has been empty all summer because she's just so popular. She's nothing if not prolific, so check out her latest, The Rumor, and get in early for her next Christmas title (I'm sorry, I'm sorry!) Winter Stroll, which is due out in a couple of months.

If you prefer historical fiction, try:  At The Water's Edge by Sara Gruen. She also wrote the best-seller Water For Elephants. When her brother and his friend try to find the Loch Ness monster in order to get back into her father's good graces, Maddie finds herself left alone in Word War II-era Scotland, with unexpected results. Or try one of my favorites, which is also scheduled to be Trumbull's One Book, One Town selection for 2016, All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. You can read my original review here.

Nonfiction reader? Try one of these: The Wright Brothers by David McCullough or Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson. Both have been on the New York Times Bestseller List this summer, and both are hugely popular among our patrons!

Want a personal recommendation? Stop by, call me at the library, or drop me an email!






No comments: