Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Reading Ahead: June 2012, part 1

Happy May Day!  I hope everyone has cleared their collective calendars this summer, because there is an absolutely stunning amount of new books slated for release.  Shall we get into the nitty-gritty?  Let's!



The Red House, by Mark Haddon

Summer Breeze, by Nancy Thayer

Heading Out to Wonderful, by Robert Goolrick

Equal of the Sun, by Anita Amirrezvani

Potboiler, by Jesse Kellerman

Heartbroken, by Lisa Unger

The Wrong Man, by David Ellis

The Age of Miracles, by Karen Thompson Walker

Summerland, by Elin Hilderbrand


See what I mean?  Amazing!  AND this is only about a third of the "biggies" scheduled to hit the shelves during the month of June.  I'm particularly eager to see what Mark Haddon's new book is like, since The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time was a favorite of mine.  I also loved Robert Goolrick's A Reliable Wife, so I'm interested to read his new novel.  Finally, Karen Thompson Walker's novel, The Age of Miracles, has been getting such amazing reviews, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it may be the sleeper hit of the summer.  So far, comparisons have been made to Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones and Margaret Atwood, and I've had it marked with an asterisk on my "to read" list since I first heard about it.  I'd recommend you mark your list, too!

No comments: