Thursday, May 9, 2013

Reading Ahead: June 2013, part 1

I think I may call 2013 the summer of the thriller, because by my count, fully half of the "big name" releases slated for this summer are suspense/thriller titles.  Here are a few to get you started.



The 9th Girl, by Tami Hoag

Second Honeymoon, by James Patterson & Howard Roughan

Choke Point, by Ridley Pearson

The King’s Deception, by Steve Berry

Her Last Breath, by Linda Castillo


I don't know about you, but I hardly know where to start.  Tami Hoag is a given, of course--she has a keen gift for detail and this latest, about a transient serial killer they're calling Doc Holiday, looks like it should be creepy as all get out.  Can't wait.  Also, if you're looking for a fresh voice in the genre, I highly recommend Linda Castillo. Murder in Ohio Amish country?  Castillo makes it work like a pro.  If you're new to the series, be sure to start at the beginning, with Sworn to Silence

I'll be back next week with more thrillers to look forward to.  Happy Reading in the meantime!


No comments: